Land owners and interested parties can apply for a Certificate Regarding Public Trust Boundary for lands and/or water areas already determined to be Public Trust Tidelands.

The Application for Certificate Regarding Public Trust Boundary requires a land owner or their recognized agent to complete the application form and submit it to the Public Trust Tideland Division of Public Lands, Post Office Box 97, Gulfport, MS 39502-0097.

Following the receipt of the Application for Certificate of Boundary, The Public Trust Tidelands Division will review the information provided, inspect the site, and disseminate an opinion on the property. The conclusion is one of three determinations, namely:

  • Not subject to Public Trust Tideland rules and procedures
  • Within the Mean High Water line
  • Other